Sanitation Tech C Shift (7am-7pm)-$20.45/hr
Company: Campbell Arnott
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are
the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which
achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work
experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We
recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and
perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a
fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and
values the opportunity to make a difference.
JOB TITLE: Sanitation Technician
BASE RATE PER HOUR
# OF OPENINGS:
Starting times and hours may vary depending on coverage due to
report-offs and the production schedule especially during
JOB SUMMARY/ JOB DUTIES:
The Sanitation Technician is responsible for cleaning and
sanitizing the process equipment to establish a clean environment
for producing and packaging quality products. Ensures equipment and
facility are effectively sanitized in accordance with established
food manufacturing regulations and in compliance with government
* Performs plant cleaning as prescribed by the Master Sanitation
Schedule. Maintains general housekeeping in all areas of plant.
* Utilizes powered cleaning equipment that may include powered
lifts, scissors lifts, power washers, foam applicators, steamers,
automatic compactors, motors and various non-mechanized
* Demonstrates the ability to operate equipment such as floor
jacks, trash compactor, and vacuum cleaner, floor scrubber in a
safe and knowledgeable manner.
* Follows instructions for safe lifting and carrying various sizes,
shapes, and weight of objects; identifies/reports defective
equipment; reports all job-related injuries to management.
* Disassembles and reassembles machines, pumps, bucket elevators,
slurry equipment, filters and other processing equipment.
* Works independently, with no direct supervision in a high
* Learns and performs proper Allergen Elimination Procedure.
* Practices and adheres to appropriate safety and hygiene
guidelines/procedures for safe housekeeping and personal
* Follows all applicable GMP's for the area in which he/she is
assigned. Maintains and uses appropriate personal protective
equipment (PPE) in accordance with OSHA, plant defined GMP's, or
when directed by a supervisor.
* Participates in all necessary safety training, team development
programs, and plant initiatives.
* Reads (Safety Data Sheets) information and preparation and use
chemical cleaning agents in a manner consistent with the
* Assists departments in spill containment caused by various
* Assists pest control technicians by noting and communicating pest
* Removes product debris to trash.
* Lock-out Tag-out and BBP (blood borne pathogens) trained.
* Supports and participates Continuous Improvement initiatives
including 5S (sort, set, shine, standardize, and sustain).
* Collects recyclables and load into proper trailers.
* Mixes and handles chemical concentrates.
* May input chemical concentrates in to excel.
* May Create/Update Standard Operating Procedures.
* May perform other duties as required.
* Mandatory overtime may be required.
* High School Diploma or GED and/or 1-year production experience in
a manufacturing environment required.
Using hands: Continuously
Stooping, Kneeling: Frequently
Talking, Hearing: Frequently
Tasting, Smelling: Occasionally
Up to 10 lbs.: Continuously
Up to 25 lbs.: Continuously
Up to 60 lbs.: Continuously
Up to 100 lbs.: Frequently
More than 100 lbs.: Frequently
The noise level in the work environment is quiet in the office
areas but loud and hearing protection is required in the plant.
While performing some of the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is
frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is
occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne
particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions;
and extreme heat or cold.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for
employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment
relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital
status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other
classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from
discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal
law. Click here for additional information.
Keywords: Campbell Arnott, Ellicott City , Sanitation Tech C Shift (7am-7pm)-$20.45/hr, Human Resources , Hanover, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!