General Labor - 3rd Shift - Starting Pay $16.60/hr and $1000 sign on bonus
Company: Campbell Soup
Posted on: November 17, 2021
Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are
the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which
achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work
experience are part of the same process.We cultivate and embrace a
diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse
backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and
enrich our global culture.We are looking for an individual who
enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to
be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a
difference.HOURS: Starting times and hours may vary depending on
coverage due to report-offs and the production schedule especially
during holidays.JOB SUMMARY/ JOB DUTIES:
- The Packer is responsible for working in an area producing
product that is packed into trays/cartons for shipping. Prepares
cartons/carton displays, manually packs/palletizes product, and
completes final quality inspection of finished goods.
- Prepares cardboard cartons/trays for product packing by
folding, taping, sorting, and labeling cartons, securing carton
ends together and placing cartons/trays on the work area. Checks to
ensure tape guns/taper have sufficient amount of tape.
- Visual Inspections of final product packaging for product
integrity including, but not limited to bag registration, code
dates, prices, bag and cases for proper seals. Removes out of
specifications product and communicates packaging problems.
- Fills cartons/displays based on packaging specs. Ensures that
products are packaged in cases with appropriate corresponding
labels; if applicable tapes and seals cartons.
- Stacks correct number of cartons/trays on pallets/skids using
correct stacking pattern. If applicable, utilizes pallet jack to
move finished goods weighing up to 300lbs.
- Clears loose product from turntable/area; discards defective
bags, boxes, trays; sweeps loose product off the floor.
- Assists with product rework according to plant
- Practices and adheres to appropriate safety and hygiene
guidelines/procedures for safe housekeeping and personal
- Keeps work area clean/adheres to 5S protocols.
- Stores packaging room supplies in designated areas.
- Keeps work area aisles/exits clear and free from
- Removes trash from work area floor; keeps turntables/area
clean; follows instructions for safe lifting/carrying of various
sizes, shapes and weights.
- Performs sanitation tasks as directed (including, but not
limited to equipment washes, seasoner cleanings, and
- Prepares line for startup and assist with any equipment
changeovers, when applicable.
- May operate tray making and/or stapling machines.
- Reports any issues to Machine Operators, Group Leader, or
Supervisor as appropriate.
- May perform other duties as required.
- Mandatory overtime may be required.EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: High
School Diploma or GED and/or 1-year production experience in a
manufacturing environment required.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Sitting: Seldom
- Standing: Continuously
- Walking: Frequently
- Driving: Occasionally
- Using hands: Continuously
- Climbing: Occasionally
- Stooping, Kneeling: Frequently
- Talking, Hearing: Continuously
- Tasting, Smelling: Frequently
- Two Handed Carry: Frequently
- Pushing: Continuously
- Pulling: Continuously
- Overhead Work Standing: Frequently
- Ladder Climbing: Frequently
- Repetitive Twisting Standing: Continuously
- Repetitive Twisting Sitting: Continuously
- Hand Dexterity: Continuously
- Bending: Continuously Weight:
- Up to 10 lbs.: Continuously
- Up to 25 lbs.: Continuously
- Up to 50 lbs.: Occasionally
- Up to 100 lbs.: Seldom/Never
- More than 100 lbs.: FrequentlyWORK ENVIRONMENT:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid
- The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious
places; fumes or airborne particles; and caustic chemicals.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.ACRThe
Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees
and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship,
without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran
status, disability, age, religion or any other classification
protected by law.In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are
protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected
by Federal law. Click here for additional information.
Keywords: Campbell Soup, Ellicott City , General Labor - 3rd Shift - Starting Pay $16.60/hr and $1000 sign on bonus, Human Resources , Hanover, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!