General Labor (11pm-7am) $22.50/hr + $1,000 Sign On Bonus - Hanover, PA
Company: Campbell Soup
Posted on: November 16, 2021
Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are
the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which
achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work
experience are part of the same process.We cultivate and embrace a
diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse
backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and
enrich our global culture.We are looking for an individual who
enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to
be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a
difference.HOURS: Starting times and hours may vary depending on
coverage due to report-offs and the production schedule especially
during holidays.JOB SUMMARY/JOB DUTIES:
- The Packaging Machine Operator, under the general supervision,
is responsible for the safe, efficient and continuous operation of
snack packaging machinery.
- Maintains shift documentation (ie, Metal Detector and Batch
- Reads production schedule and plans accordingly.
- Reads and interprets schedule in MicroStrategy.
- Able to print labels on different printers, choosing correct
program for each printer; move eye and clean printers.
- Perform nitrogen testing.
- Efficiently maintains the operation of packaging machinery by
monitoring codes, dates and prices.
- Maintains an adequate supply of roll stock and ensures all
packaging materials are available for each machine.
- Set up and write new programs for bag makers.
- Writes and/or edits machine micro logic as needed to maintain
an efficient and low waste operation.
- Creating and modifying code dates.
- Performs preventative maintenance on equipment. Sets up and
makes minor scale repairs and adjustments.
- Perform span calibration and/or adjustments on scales, adjust
scales linkages so it opens and shuts correctly, make minor
adjustments to formers.
- Efficiently operates packaging equipment which may include case
sealers and robot cells. This includes but is not limited to:
machine setups, troubleshooting, changeovers, proper running,
procedural adjustments, sanitation cleanup, preventative
maintenance and shutdown.
- Properly plans ahead for machine changeovers and efficiently
changing from one product item to another.
- Monitors and adjusts each machine to ensure proper cut off of
film and bags have proper end seals and back seals as
- Ensures machines are running at standard speeds.
- Monitors product appearance and adheres to weight control
- Identifies and resolves packaged product quality issues.
- Properly accounts for product run off and handles this product
accordingly; sorts through and reworks all good product
- Keeps machines and work areas clean, wipes packaging machines
off and blows down area when required to do so.
- Immediately reports any maintenance problems to appropriate
technician and/or supervisor.
- Practices and adheres to appropriate safety and hygiene
guidelines/procedures for safe housekeeping and personal
- Stores supplies in designated areas.
- Keeps work area aisles/exits clear and free from obstruction;
removes trash from work area floor.
- Follows instructions for safe lifting/carrying of various
sizes, shapes and weights; identifies/reports issues with
equipment; reports all job-related injuries to supervision.
- May maintain shift documentation (ie, Metal Detector and Batch
- May provide leadership and direction to packers.
- May be qualified to perform as Back-up Packaging Coordinator,
or other technical/skilled position.
- If applicable, may monitor and replenish seasoning on overhead
to ensure proper seasoning coverage on product.
- Mandatory overtime may be required.
- May perform other duties as required. EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or GED and/or 1-year production experience in a
manufacturing environment required.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:Must be
able to comply with the physical demands of constantly lifting and
moving stock by hand or with manual equipment (including pallet
jacks and forklifts). Ability to lift 40+ lbs. on a regular basis,
and occasionally be able to lift/move more than 50+ lbs. with
mechanical or peer assistance.
- Sitting: Seldom
- Standing: Continuously
- Walking: Frequently
- Using hands: Continuously
- Climbing: Occasionally
- Stooping, Kneeling: Frequently
- Talking, Hearing: Continuously
- Tasting, Smelling: (if applicable): Occasionally
- Two Handed Carry: Frequently
- Pushing: Frequently
- Pulling: Frequently
- Overhead Work Standing: Frequently
- Ladder Climbing: Frequently
- Kneeling: Seldom
- Low Work Sitting: Seldom
- Squat: Frequently
- Repetitive Twisting Sitting: Seldom
- Hand Dexterity: Continuously
- Bending: Continuously
- Repetitive Twisting Standing: ContinuouslyWeight:
- Up to 10 lbs.: Continuously
- Up to 25 lbs.: Frequently
- Up to 60 lbs.: Frequently
- Up to 100 lbs.: Occasionally
- More than 100 lbs.: Seldom/NeverWORK ENVIRONMENT:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is frequently exposed to hot and/or wet and/or
- The employee may be exposed to high, precarious places; fumes
or airborne particles; and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Lighting: Good
- Temperature: Good
- Ventilation: Good
- Vibration: Fair
- Noise: FairACRThe Company is committed to providing equal
opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the
employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital
status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other
classification protected by law.In that regard, U.S. applicants and
employees are protected from discrimination based on certain
categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional
Keywords: Campbell Soup, Ellicott City , General Labor (11pm-7am) $22.50/hr + $1,000 Sign On Bonus - Hanover, PA, Human Resources , Hanover, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!