Store Shift Supervisor
Company: Pet Supplies Plus
Location: Mount Airy
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Do 4-pawed friends make you smile? Do you enjoy cool pet
products that make tails wag? So do we! If youre a paws-on leader
of the pack who believes any dog can learn new tricks, then come
work in our neighborhood!As Store Shift Supervisor at Pet Supplies
Plus, youre pawsitively passionate about people and their pets.
Providing exceptional, neighborly service at every opportunity
during your work day, you will:
- assist a neighbor in choosing the perfect toy for a lab who
loves to fetch
- stop to greet weekly regular Bruno the Chihuahua when he comes
in with his human mom
- show a fourth grader how to test the water in his fish
- set an example for the other team members in delivering
fantastic neighborly service
- assist the stores team leaders by reinforcing the daily
operational procedures and performance expectationall while
engaging with PSP neighbors and smiling in the face of puppy
breath. Are you awesome? No, you are more than that. You are
PAWsome!Shift Supervisor key responsibilities include:
- Partnering with store team leaders to learn and reinforce the
PSP standards and daily management routines that make your store
the favorite pet store in the neighborhood.
- Providing leadership coverage and covers management functions
up to four times a week when team leaders are offsite.
- Adhering to operational policies and procedures (cleanliness,
animal care, safety and security) that ensure exceptional service
is provided to our neighbors.
- Learning and performing back office procedures like making
signs, updating price changes, and imputing cashier records to
comply with standards and expectations.
- Involvement in store recruiting, onboarding and team member
- Communicating opportunities to improve community engagement or
store performance to the team leaders.
- Act as store team members when theyre not acting as the
manager-on-duty or learning operational tasks.PAWsome Shift
Supervisor candidates will have:
- 2+ years of retail experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Strong sales and customer service skills are a must.
- Ability to operate all equipment, including a forklift, to run
the store is important, as well as the abiilty to climb ladders,
bend, kneel, and lift up to 50 pounds (that cat litter can be
- Ability to work flexible schedules, have reliable
transportation, and must pass the drug screening (where allowed by
law) and be 18 years or older.Pet Supplies Plus is focused on
making it easier to get better products for your pet. With 650
locations in 40 states, the stores have a streamlined design making
it easy to navigate a wide assortment of natural foods, hard goods
and pet services. Friendly, knowledgeable staff get to know each
pet and their owner by name and provide playful store experiences
to remind them just how fun it is to own a pet. Pet Supplies Plus
stores are large enough to house an incredible variety of food and
equipment, yet small enough to still feel neighborly.Pet Supplies
Plus is ranked No. 20 overall in Entrepreneur Magazine's 2022
Franchise 500 list and is the Top Full-Service Pet Supplies
Franchise for its exceptional performance in areas including
financial strength and stability, growth rate and system size. For
more information, please visit www.petsuppliesplus.com. EOE
STATEMENTWe provide equal employment opportunities to all
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to
federal law requirements, the company complies with applicable
state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in
every location in which the company has facilities. This policy
applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Street: 317 East
Ridgeville Blvd Shift: Rotating Days & Nights
Keywords: Pet Supplies Plus, Ellicott City , Store Shift Supervisor, Hospitality & Tourism , Mount Airy, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!