Laboratory Team Leader - General Laboratory - Days
Company: WellSpan Health
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Laboratory Team LeaderBlood Bank and MicrobiologyJob
Description:Under the general supervision of the Division Manager,
provides laboratory services to meet the needs of patients
performed in accordance with accepted standards and practices.
Supervises personnel and coordinates functions and activities in
assigned division. Functions at least 50% of time as a technical
Duties and Responsibilities
- Directs, supervises, and coordinates technical functions and
activities in assigned area(s).
- Prepares work schedules, assigns personnel, evaluates work
performance and makes recommendations for personnel actions.
- Trains other employees in day to day procedures.
- Assists in developing budgets.
- Assists in developing department goals and objectives.
- Performs surveys and does comparative analyses of work units;
may participate in research activities and investigates new
products, equipment, techniques, methodologies, and introduces,
demonstrates, effects, and recommends as is appropriate.
- Consults with medical staff and other health care providers on
matters relating to laboratory and/or related services.
- Participates in Quality Assessment Program on a regular and
- Participates in department specific and/or system-wide projects
of varying scope and duration.
- Performs the duties of a medical technologist, including tests
- Bachelor's Degree in Medical technology or a related
- Experienced certified generalist or specialist (e.g., MT(ASCP),
HTL(ASCP), SC (ASCP), etc.)
- 5 - 8 years experience required
Keywords: WellSpan Health, Ellicott City , Laboratory Team Leader - General Laboratory - Days, Hospitality & Tourism , Gettysburg, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!