PRN Physical Therapist for Home Health - Urgent Need
Company: BrightStar Care of Carroll and Frederick County
Location: Mount Airy
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Physical Therapist - Home Health
1. Provide physical therapy services to patient according to a
physician's written orders. This may include, but is not limited to
the following: a. Assess and evaluate
therapeutic/rehabilitative/functional status. b. Develop a plan of
care and treatment making sure plan of care is consistent with
assessment. c. Participate in the development of the patient's
total plan of treatment. d. Assess the facility environment,
especially as it relates to fall risk, interventions, and safety.
e. Assess for muscle strength, mobility, gait, and range of motion.
f. Assess for potential for rehabilitation. g. Assess for pain as
appropriate for patient h. Direct physical therapy treatment. i.
Select appropriate assistive devices j. Provide gait training as
required. k. Develop exercise program as needed. l. Instruct
patient and family or caregivers in the use and care of therapeutic
appliances. m. Report patient's response to treatment or changes in
condition to the Director of Nursing and physician.
2. Initiate physical therapy program and instructs other personnel
and/or family members and caregivers in specific phases of physical
therapy with which they may assist with the patient care.
3. Instruct other personnel and/or family members and caregivers on
the goals of the physical therapy program.
4. Participate in patient case conferences.
5. Teach/educate patient in the use of prosthetic device as
6. Assist in identifying patient and family/caregiver needs for
other facility health services and reports these needs to the
Director of Nursing.
7. Prepare and submit clinical and progress summaries based on
identified and attained goals. A copy of the summaries will be
submitted to the Director of Nursing.
8. Participate in discharge planning, as appropriate.
9. Provide in-service education for agency personnel, as
Assure compliance with all local, state and federal laws and
1. Graduated with a master's or higher degree in physical therapy
from an accredited physical therapy program.
2. Passed a National Physical Therapy Examination (NPTE) and/or
state examination as required by the state regulation.
3. Fulfilled all other state required examination.
4. Compliant with continuing education, if required by state as a
condition of maintaining licensure.
5. Comply with all state mandated Physical Therapy Practice Act and
other legal mandates
6. Licensed or certified to practice as a physical therapist as
required by the state.
7. Two (2) years of appropriate experience as a physical therapist.
Facility/home health experience and interpersonal skills.
8. Body strength preferred.
9. Strong knowledge of physical therapy principles, theory, methods
and evidence based practice
10. Comply with accepted professional, ethical and legal standards
11. Excellent customer service skills and ability to deal tactfully
with patients, and staff.
12. Treat patients, families and staff with courtesy and
13. Adhere to HIPAA and maintain patient confidentiality.
At BrightStar Care we value each of our employees and care about
your wellbeing. We care about who you are as an individual and we
recognize that there are other things going on in your life besides
your career. We appreciate and value your hard work and the high
quality of care and empathy that you bring to the folks that need
it. These aren't just words at BrightStar Care of Carroll and
Frederick County. This is reflected by the fact that BrightStar
Care is the HomeCare Pulse Employer of Choice. In addition, over
95% of BrightStar locations are
Joint Commission accredited or in process so you're going to be
working in an environment that is held to the highest standards of
care. BrightStar Care is the Joint Commission Enterprise Champion
for Quality for 8 years running.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status,
or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local
Pay: From $55.00 per hour
* Flexible schedule
* Travel reimbursement
* Home Health
* Self-determined schedule
Work Location: On the road%40074524%
Keywords: BrightStar Care of Carroll and Frederick County, Ellicott City , PRN Physical Therapist for Home Health - Urgent Need, Healthcare , Mount Airy, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!