Clinical Supervisor - Hospice/Home Health - Adams County - Day
Company: WellSpan Health
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Full-Time (80 Hours, Biweekly) Day Job Description Under the
general supervision of the Branch Office Manager, and in accordance
with corporate policy, is responsible for delivery and evaluation
of patient care services to patients on assigned team(s). Assists
in implementing new programs as well as evaluating and updating
current programs and policies. Assumes the responsibilities of the
Branch Office Manager as designated.Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures that quality and efficient care is provided to all
- Monitors productivity of respective staff and provides
additional guidance to staff that are not able to meet the
established productive requirement.
- Reviews appropriate documentation for content, accuracy, and
completeness. Also ensures that all documentation is completed
within the time frame required.
- Identifies un-met patient needs and reports findings to
appropriate Branch Manager by preparing a statistical data analysis
verifying the need.
- Incorporates the findings of the clinical quality review
process into team meetings and individual case conferences to
ensure proper utilization of services to respective patients.
- Makes home visits as required/needed (Expectation 25-50% time
spent with staff in field or training environment).
- Ensures all information is communicated accurately and
- Provides clinical assistance to respective scheduler as
requested. Informs scheduling department of any clinical
patient/staff related issues in the event patient care is/could be
- Demonstrates leadership by example while promoting Just Culture
and positive interactions throughout the organization.
- Completes/assists in performance appraisals for staff using
available performance data within the VNA policies.
- Establishes/assists in development plans for all respective
staff. Ensures clinical competencies of all field staff members.
Assumes ultimate responsibility for orientation of new field
- Completes home visits to mentor, train and assess individual
clinicians job performance and skill competency and to evaluate
patient satisfaction, workflows and compliance a minimum of 25% of
- Promotes open and effective communication throughout the team,
organization and System.
- Provides positive leadership to all staff and demonstrates
support of the organization.
- Provides after-hours and on-call staff support as well as
visits and consultation on a scheduled, rotating basis.
- Participates in the planning, implementation, management and
evaluation of the Home Health & Hospice Services Program as
- Participates in the identification and development of new
clinical policies and the regular review and updating of existing
clinical policies as indicated.
- Coordinates services with other community agencies as
- Participates on special committees as requested.
- Provides assistance in meeting all educational needs of
clinical staff on the team as requested.
- Represents WellSpan VNA Home Care in a professional
- Participates on committees as requested.
- Responsible for efficient utilization of all resources
including, but not limited to, materials/supplies, equipment, time,
dollars and FTEs.
- Seeks consultation/advisement as needed.Qualifications.
- Minimum Experience:
- 3 - 5 years clinical nursing or therapy experience (an emphasis
in home care is preferred)
- Minimum Education:
- Bachelors Degree in nursing or rehabilitation therapy
- Required Certification:
- Registration and current RN license in PA; or appropriate
Rehabilitation Therapy license (i.e., Physical Therapy,
Occupational Therapy, Speech Pathology); Current CPR for Healthcare
Providers CertificationFederal law requires employers to provide
reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with
disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable
accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples
of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the
application process or work procedures, providing documents in an
alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using
specialized equipment. WellSpan Health is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. It is the policy and intention of the System to maintain
consistent and equal treatment toward applicants and employees of
all job classifications without regard to age, sex, race, color,
religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status,
national origin, ancestry, veteran status, disability, or any other
legally protected characteristic.
Keywords: WellSpan Health, Ellicott City , Clinical Supervisor - Hospice/Home Health - Adams County - Day, Healthcare , Gettysburg, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!