Clinical Nurse I
Company: WellSpan Health
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Provides evidence-based nursing care to patients and families
(including significant others) using the nursing process of
assessment, nursing diagnosis, implementation of interventions and
evaluation of the patient response to care. Nursing care includes
physiological assessment and monitoring, psychosocial assessment
and support, patient/family education; maintaining a safe
environment conducive to healing and managing transitions of care.
The mission of the Emergency Department is to provide a
compassionate, exceptional healthcare to patients of all ages. We
offer high level of care to patients of all ages with complex
medical, surgical and emergency conditions.Sign-On Bonus up to
$20,000.00Full-Time (72 Hours biweekly)Day/EveningEvery other
weekendJob Description:Under the general supervision of the Nurse
Manager, provides professional nursing care at the beginner
practitioner level in accordance with the principles of patient and
family-centered care based on the nursing process and according to
the clinical standards of the hospital. Acts as a primary nurse for
patients on the unit. Coordinates care planning with other
disciplines. May require specialized skills depending on unit
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides and coordinates direct care in accordance with the
principles of patient and family-centered care based on the nursing
process and according to the clinical standards of the hospital.
Acts as a primary nurse for patients on the unit. Synthesizes
patient data to develop outcome-driven plans.
- Safely and independently administers prescribed treatments,
medications, and nursing interventions based on assessment and plan
- Appropriately organizes and prioritizes time based on patient
condition and expected workload. Identifies changes in patients'
status and acts accordingly. Knows and can activate resources to
achieve outcomes for patients.
- Seeks mentoring and coaching from the CN II & III.
- Identifies and communicates individualized patient needs for
safe handoffs during transitions of care. Collaborates with
patient/family in care planning with all disciplines.
- Appropriately and correctly documents the patient response to
interventions and progress toward outcomes. Identifies and
documents variances. Appropriately utilizes flow sheets, progress
notes, and/or electronic medical record for documentation. Is able
to identify system and unit-based nursing sensitive indicators;
i.e. falls, pressure ulcers.
- Identifies own areas of professional growth and development in
performance improvement efforts. Recognizes the value of evidence
based research as it applies to best practice.
- Promotes a professional practice environment that supports
patient safety and quality through interdisciplinary collaboration,
Shared Decision Making activities including peer review. Integrate
Shared Decision Making by unit committee membership or by
supporting and helping fellow co-workers attend committee meetings
and/or work on SDM projects. Serves as positive role model.
- Delegates aspects of care to other nursing personnel in order
to meet patient needs. Helps assistive personnel organize and set
priorities for work. Monitors completion of tasks that are assigned
or delegated to the patient care team.
- Promotes collaboration and cooperation among physicians,
nursing staff, and other members of the interdisciplinary team.
Contributes to effective communications among all team members.
Begins to display conflict resolution and negotiation skills to
maximize team performance.Common Expectations:
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and
development over the life span of the assigned patient population.
Assesses and interprets patient age specific data and provides
appropriate, age specific treatment. Provides direct patient care
to assigned patient age group(s).
- Demonstrates a commitment to patient, visitor and staff by:
complying with all applicable safety regulations; learning the
impact of medical errors and methodology that will lead to
reduction of errors; reporting actual and potential errors, as well
as hazardous conditions; identifying opportunities to standardize
processes and "error proof" systems that will lead to increased
safety; and participating in safety education programs and root
cause analyses as required.
- Maintains Adheres to established policies and procedures,
objectives, quality assessment, safety, environmental and infection
- Enhances professional growth and development through
advanced/continuing education to maintain up-to-date knowledge,
skills, and competencies.
- Provides outstanding service to all customers; fosters
teamwork; and practices fiscal responsibility through improvement
- Minimum Experience:
- No experience required
- Minimum Education:
- Diploma or Associate's Degree
- Preferred Education:
- Bachelors of Science, Nursing (BSN)
- Required Certification:
- Registration and current RN license in PA; Basic Life Support
(BLS) certification required
- Physical Demands:
- Minimum Lifting Weight 50 pounds
- Prolonged, extensive, or considerable standing/walking
- Lifts, positions, pushes and/or transfers patients
- Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling,
Keywords: WellSpan Health, Ellicott City , Clinical Nurse I, Healthcare , Gettysburg, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!