Physician Office Assistant - Family Medicine
Company: WellSpan Health
Location: New Oxford
Posted on: June 18, 2022
Location: 2900 Carlisle Pike New Oxford PA, 17350Schedule:
Day/EveningJob DescriptionUnder the general supervision of the
Practice Manager, performs a variety of clerical tasks related to
the customer service of our patients. WellSpan Medical Group
recognizes that the Physician Office Assistant is often the first
and last person that our patients, families and visitors encounter
when they contact or visit our offices. WellSpan Medical Group
provides training to our Physician Office Assistants to instill
confidence in their ability to create a welcoming environment and
well-coordinated experience for everyone.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Answers telephones, routes callers, takes messages and provides
routine information to callers.
- Greets and registers patients in accordance with established
policies and procedures.
- Schedules patient appointments within established parameters.
- Performs various duties for effective check-in and check-out of
- Prepares schedules and encounter forms for daily visits.
- Handles walk in patients in the appropriate manner.
- Ensures that Race, Ethnicity and Language is documented as
- Processes patient charge and collects copays and deductibles.
- Performs various tasks related to end of day batch control,
cash drawer etc..
- Enters and/or retrieves data from established computer files.
- Schedules appointments for patients with other provider offices
and/or facilities including correct processing of necessary
referral forms, pre-authorization forms, test instructions, patient
benefit verification and transfer of patient information.
- Processes requests for patient information according to
policies and procedures, including record copy service and form
- Researches billing questions and problems for patients with
centralized billing service.
- Types various notes, letters, memos and reports, as needed.
Proofs materials for errors.
- Complies with all HIPAA rules and regulations.
- Processes mail including scanning and tasking if
- Other combinations of formal education, training and experience
may be considered.
- Minimum Experience:
- 3 - 6 months
- Minimum Education:
- Post High School Vocational/Specialized Training (Professional
Medical, Administrative or
- Business School); or 12 or more months of customer service
- Preferred Courses:
- Medical terminology within 6 months of hire recommended
Keywords: WellSpan Health, Ellicott City , Physician Office Assistant - Family Medicine, Healthcare , New Oxford, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!