Clinical Dietitian - Flex/Per Diem
Location: East Waterford
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Job Title: Clinical Dietitian - Flex/Per DiemLocation:
Lewistown, PennsylvaniaJob Category: Wellbeing Services,
DietitianSchedule: Per DiemWork Type: Part timeDepartment:
JM-Western Region Nutrition Services TeamDate Posted: 11/24/2021Job
ID: R-23632Job SummaryProvides safe, ethical, and competent
evidence-based nutritional therapy that meets the standards of
practice and the scope of practice as stated by the Academy of
Nutrition and Dietetics. Manages the individuals nutrition care in
collaboration with the health care team and other nutrition
- Assesses individual needs through synthesis of information
obtained through the assessment interview, food and nutrition and
related histories, review of the medical record, and discussion
with other members of the interdisciplinary health care team.
- Develops a plan to meet assessed needs including
recommendations regarding: the composition of diet and meal
patterns and supplements; and the volume, rate, and composition of
parenteral and enteral feedings.
- Confers with the health care team to develop goals related to
- Plans and coordinates the use of special dietary regimens.
- Documents initial assessment plans for nutritional care and
progress relative to same in the medical record in accordance with
- Evaluates nutritional status of individuals and makes
recommendations regarding provision of optimal care.
- Counsels individuals, families, and care provider on normal
nutrition and therapeutic diets with consideration given to the
individual's educational, cultural, and socioeconomic
- Plans and conducts group classes for individuals in various
areas of nutrition as appropriate.
- Writes nutrition related orders for hospitalized patients in
accordance with the Clinical Nutrition policy.
- Consults, educates, and advocates on behalf of individuals,
groups, and special populations regarding food, culinary, nutrition
and health issues, food security and insecurity, nutrition
programs, nutrition wellness and resources.
- Plans for continuing nutrition care for individuals, as needed,
after discharge from the hospital using ancillary resources.
- Contributes to and designs referral process and systems to
facilitate public access to Registered Dietitians.
- Receives referrals for services and make referrals to other
relevant health care professional.
- Implements outcome-based quality assurance and performance
improvement activities to document outcomes of service; compliance
with regulations, policies, and procedures; and monitor and address
- Self-evaluates results and monitors for trends and changes in
productivity related to workload.
- Compiles statistics and completes Clinical Productivity
worksheets on a timely basis.
- Creates, evaluates, reviews, and revises patient instruction
materials and recipe and food products for the patient menu.
- Actively participates on appropriate committees for the
organization and represents the Clinical Nutrition department in
decisions made by these committees.
- Participates in planning, implementation, and evaluating
research studies conducted by members of the Clinical Nutrition
Services or nutrition-related research coordinated by other
departments, as available.
- Develop and use electronic information management tools for
practice, research, and education.Work is typically performed in a
clinical environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific
obligations and complying with all organization policies and
procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not
intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements
considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional
competencies and skills outlined in any department-specific
orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the
job related to that position.EducationBachelor's Degree-
(Required)Certification(s) and License(s)Certified
Dietitian/Nutritionist - Default Issuing BodyOur Purpose &
ValuesOUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for
our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and
our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would
hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues
who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge
with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for
tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to
care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members
and the Geisinger family We offer healthcare benefits for full time
and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and
domestic partners.* Perhaps just as important, from senior
management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration,
cooperation and collegiality. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal
Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or
their protected veteran status.
Keywords: Geisinger, Ellicott City , Clinical Dietitian - Flex/Per Diem, Healthcare , East Waterford, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!