Nursing Assistant - Part Time
Company: Daughters of Charity
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Daughters of Charity Ministries in Emmitsburg, Maryland is seeking
Summary Of Position
Performs routine (patient care) duties and assists other nursing
staff in the activities of daily living.
Responsibilities And Duties
- Provides for patients' personal hygiene.
- Provides for activities of daily living.
- All as directed by Nurse: checks and reports weights; checks
and reports food/fluid intake and output as directed; collects
- Assists with post-mortem care i.e. bathing, and dressing.
- Answers call lights and patients' requests promptly placing
call lights within reach of patients. Provides for and is attentive
to the comfort needs of patients; reports patients' concerns,
complaints or needs immediately.
- Observes patients for unusual symptoms or reactions such as
behavior or sudden change in condition; abnormal intake and output;
abnormal or unusual elimination; unusual skin conditions (rash,
redness, scratches, open areas, bruises, bumps, etc.) and reports
promptly and accurately to the nurse caring for the patient to
assure professional assessment.
- Operates all equipment (used in the performance of duties) in a
safe and effective manner. Reports unsafe equipment to Charge Nurse
or designee immediately.
- Communicates all pertinent information verbally and in writing
to Charge Nurse or her designee. Clarifies unclear assignments or
directions with Charge Nurse or her designee.
- Keeps community kitchen/dining area, tub-bath rooms, utility
rooms, patients' room and closets, etc. tidy and neat.
- Checks assignments and responsibilities before and after
- Works effectively as a team member in the delivery and care of
patients; assists in the orientation of new employees.
- Maintains good working relations among all nursing personnel
and other employees through appropriate communication. Keeps
information related to employees and Sister confidential.
- Instills confidence in the patient by maintaining a neat and
attractive appearance (wearing uniforms according to departmental
guidelines) and performing duties in a competent and caring manner;
respects privacy of patient by pulling curtain and/or drapes and
closing door as necessary.
- Accepts reassignment as needed to provide necessary care for
all patients; assists other nursing team members.
- Maintains a safe and attractive environment for patients and
- Directs visitors and answers telephone at nurses' desk and
- Assists with activities, arts and crafts, and/or therapy
projects as directed.
- May be called upon to assist other personnel with special
projects where extra help is needed.
- Participates and completes assigned Relias Learning courses by
designated due dates.
- Adheres to strict safety practices and is constantly conscious
of unsafe or potentially unsafe working conditions and makes every
effort to correct or report hazards to the proper authority
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
Must be able to endure at least 70% to 100% of scheduled shift
requiring physical demands including but not limited to: standing,
walking, climbing (1 ft. to 4 ft.), stooping, bending, stretching,
pushing, pulling, and lifting (maximum of 100 lbs. utilizing
appropriate lift equipment). Must follow guidelines to seek
assistance if documented assist of 2 is needed.
Education And Experience
- High School Degree or GED preferred.
- Ability to follow simple oral and written instructions
- Previous experience in a health care or long-term care facility
- Must be constantly alert to patients' needs and utilize
resources, materials, and equipment (lifts, tubs, commode chairs,
geri chairs, etc.) in a safe and efficient manner.
- All job duties are expected to be completed in accordance with
the Mission and Values of the Daughters of Charity.
- Health Insurance, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Short-Term
and Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, Retirement Plan, Employee
Assistance Program, Educational Assistance, Worker's Compensation
Insurance, Paid Time Off Program, Holidays, Bereavement Leave, Jury
Duty Leave, Family Leave (FMLA), Personal Development and Wellness
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Daughters of Charity, Ellicott City , Nursing Assistant - Part Time, Healthcare , Emmitsburg, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!