Arrhythmia Device Technologist / Registered Nurse
Company: WellSpan Health
Posted on: January 11, 2022
Schedule & LocationFull Time DayCardiology: 450 S Washington
Street Gettysburg PA 17325Job DescriptionUnder general supervision,
performs a variety of functions related to implanted cardiac device
management. Performs implant checks for outpatients, including
device troubleshooting and pre-emptive care. Provides assessment,
pre-procedural and follow up instruction and care to patients with
implanted devices. Performs pacemaker parameter testing and remote
monitoring, including the calculation of data and recognition of
potential life-threatening cardiac irregularities. Performs
electrocardiograph and other related examinations for patients as
directed according to established standards and practices.Duties
- Performs and records transtelephonic pacemaker analysis and
event monitor recordings. Performs device implant site checks.
Removes sutures as necessary.
- Identifies type of pacemaker by manufacturer and mode (e.g.,
Medtronic, Boston Scientific, St. Jude, Biotronic, Sorin, etc.).
Interrogates and verifies pacemaker thresholds. Identifies rhythms,
pacing and generator status of device. Takes appropriate and
immediate action when abnormal results are identified.
- Supports and covers for electrocardiograph examinations as
- Performs electrocardiograph examinations and others as ordered.
- Prepares and secures electrodes to ensure interpretable
results; explains methods and procedure to patient; evaluates
patient's total condition throughout the test.
- Records and calculates all necessary parameters and interprets
EKG tracings for diagnostic purposes.
- Submits all diagnostic testing to physicians for interpretation
and files to EMR.
- Schedules patient appointments within established parameters.
- Obtains patient history, answers patient questions, and
- Enters and/or retrieves data from established computer files
using knowledge of various computer software applications.
- Stays current with New ICD/PM devices and technology.
- Keeps all required Certifications current. Qualifications
- Minimum Experience:
- 2- 3 years
- Minimum Education:
- Associate's Degree
- Preferred Experience:
- Preferred Experience RN with cardiology experience
Keywords: WellSpan Health, Ellicott City , Arrhythmia Device Technologist / Registered Nurse, Healthcare , Gettysburg, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!