Medical Technologist - General Laboratory - Nights
Company: WellSpan Health
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Job Description:Under the general supervision of the Laboratory
Team Leader or Division Manager, performs a variety of technical
and general duties at a basic skills and knowledge level. Functions
in one or more laboratory division.Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs routine and/or specialized testing and procedures with
supervision as appropriate.
- Performs a variety of duties at progressively greater skill
levels under varying degrees of supervision; records results. May
operate a variety of laboratory instruments.
- Performs quality control and instrument check procedures and
maintains related records.
- Innoculates, cultivates, classifies and identifies
microorganisms found in bodily fluids, exudates, skin scrapings,
autopsy and surgical specimens in order to provide data on cause,
treatment and prevention of infectious diseases.
- May group or type blood of donors and recipients. May determine
compatibility of donor blood products with intended recipient.
- May perform chemical and/or immunological tests to identify
and/or quantitate substances found in blood and other body fluids.
- Counts, describes morphology of, and performs specialized
studies on blood and other body fluid cells. Performs coagulation
- Cuts, stains, and mounts specimens of human tissue. Performs
special stains and/or immunohistochemical testing on tissues as
directed by the pathologist(s).
- Prepares and maintains paraffin, reagents, and other solutions
and stains according to standard formulas.
- Trains other employees in day to day procedures.
- May consult with medical staff and other health care providers
on matters relating to laboratory services.
- Performs surveys and does comparative analyses of work units;
may participate in research activities and investigates new
products, equipment, techniques, methodologies, and introduces,
demonstrates, effects, and recommends as is appropriate.
- Enters or retrieves data from established computer
- Bachelor's Degree in Medical technology or a related
- Completion of student clinical rotations
- Certified as a medical technologist or equivalent. License if
Keywords: WellSpan Health, Ellicott City , Medical Technologist - General Laboratory - Nights, Healthcare , Gettysburg, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!