Store Manager- Hanover, PA
Company: Rural King
Posted on: January 21, 2023
The Store Manager is responsible for creating and executing a
business plan to achieve the stores performance goals which
includes achieving sales budget, building market share, and driving
omnichannel sales. This position builds sales by equipping the
stores team in understanding the importance of outstanding customer
service, in stock, product knowledge, safety, loss prevention,
store appearance, and merchandising. This position requires strong
leadership skills and the ability to motivate and supervise.
- Lead associates in a way that exemplifies the leadership
principles taught in Rural Kings Thrive Leadership Program.
- Teach and coach behaviors to the management team and associates
to create a high performing team that consistently delivers a
best-in-class customer experience.
- Get results through the store management team.
- Enhance the customer experience and drive sales by creating,
planning, developing, and implementing an online and community
presence through creative social media posts, store events, vendor
and associate presentations, and customer trainings.
- Analyze online and physical store results, identify
opportunities and make decisions in collaboration with others to
drive sales and successful initiatives for the store.
- Seek knowledge of new skills, local competitor practices, and
retail trends applying learnings to your stores online and physical
- Manage and grow BOPIS (buy online, pick up in store) sales with
associates and customers.
- Through collaboration with the District Manager and store
associates, analyze operational processes, customer trends, and
business results to determine appropriate actions necessary to
achieve business objectives.
- Possess the autonomy, independent judgment, and discretion in
leading the team to achieve or exceed the goals and strategies of
- Create and ensure quality execution of development plans,
building associates capabilities, measured by success of the
overall store operations in conjunction with customer and associate
- Build confidence and create an optimistic, rewarding, and
collaborative work environment in which associates are encouraged
to grow to support succession and talent pipeline goals.
- Present information to District Manager and Store Support to
inform and educate about the business, operational efficiencies,
product sell through, and customer feedback.
- Acts as a trusted leader with thorough understanding of the
impact of initiatives on customer experience, workload,
productivity, associate engagement, and store compliance.
- Uphold the commitments to the companys processes and policies,
values, and mission.
- Lead your associates in a way that exemplifies the leadership
principles taught in Thrive and reinforce Thrive skills with
managers who report to you.
- Manage store budget for daily operations and initiatives to
achieve business objectives tied to the P&L.
- Drive an outstanding associate experience via the hiring,
onboarding, performance feedback, and ongoing development.
- Hold team accountable for overall performance and act to
decrease losses, minimize shrink and all forms of risk ensuring
store compliance standards are met.
- Ensure attractive, safe, and accurately priced merchandise
- Responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of the building and
- Responsible for effectiveness of technology to ensure a
seamless customer experience across all channels.
- Demonstrate effective and consistent communications and
- Demonstrate effective problem-solving and analytical
- Maximize inventory, cash control, and loss prevention
- Help drive company initiatives, such as Rural Kings Harvest
Card Program, Customer C.A.R.E., RK Plus Protection Plan.
- Ability to move up to 20 pounds repetitively and 21-50 pounds
- Ability to sit/stand/walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to use point-of-sale system to complete
- Frequently operate keyboard to enter in information.
- Ability to verbally communicate effectively with customers and
co-workers (in-person and via electronic devices).
- May be required to cross train and perform other duties.
- 3+ years retail management experience.
- Be an outgoing self-starter who enjoys working with
- Computer knowledge in Excel and Word.
- Proficient user of computer software systems.
- Ability to interact with the team in a fast-paced environment,
remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient.
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate, analyze, observe, make
decisions, and meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- Ability to work a 50-hour workweek (10-hour shifts, 5 days per
week) with varied hours, days, night, and weekends as business
- Must meet federal requirements to qualify to obtain a Federal
Firearms License (FFL) and any applicable local requirements.
- Ability to access and use the in-store computer, scanning
system, and wireless handheld unit.SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise and direct the team.
- Has authority into the job status of associates: hiring,
firing, promotions, and assignments.Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
essential job functions.ID: 2022-9625 External Company Name: Rural
King Supply External Company URL: https://www.ruralking.com/
Street: 1155 Carlisle Street
Keywords: Rural King, Ellicott City , Store Manager- Hanover, PA, Executive , Hanover, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!