Director of AI/ML
Company: Takeda Pharmaceutical
Posted on: November 24, 2022
By clicking the "Apply" button, I understand that my employment
application process with Takeda will commence and that the
information I provide in my application will be processed in line
that all information I submit in my employment application is true
to the best of my knowledge.
Director, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
We are inviting individuals with deep knowledge of machine learning
and artificial intelligence to join us in the Shinrai Center for
AI/ML at Takeda.
At the Shinrai Center, we're a team of scientists, engineers,
machine learning experts and more, working together to advance the
application of artificial intelligence in developing innovative
medicine for patients. We like to solve problems, take initiative,
pitch in when needed, and enthusiastic for trying new things. We
are looking for more curious thinkers who like to tackle
challenging, real-world problems in a rewarding environment where
your contributions are valued and have a direct impact.
We're building a diverse team whose skills, experiences, and
backgrounds complement one another. Extensive experience working in
Pharma or Biotech is optional. A strong curiosity for a deeper
understanding of human health and disease to deliver innovative
medicine for patients is a must.
In this role, you'll
- Educate, demonstrate, guide, and enable the application of
AI/ML in various company operations and scientific domains
- Champion the use of advanced data products to drive decision
making and automation across the company and at all levels of the
- Partners with data science teams, domain experts, and business
units to identify and prioritize opportunities to leverage AI/ML to
drive business value creation
- Translate business needs into clearly scoped machine learning
projects, and take a hands-on approach to steer solution design and
- Identify, monitor, and validate relevant external AI/ML
developments, cultivate relationships with external domain experts
and partners, and report and present emerging novel developments
within the organization to further innovation and shape long-term
strategy and governance.
- Proactively build relationships across the company to inform
your work and contribute to internal and external collaborations,
through involvement in working groups, and the writing of
insightful, engaging, and actionable opinion pieces that are easily
digestible by internal decision makers and stakeholders.
- Be the leading voice for building common capability and
approaches and for adopting best practices
- Work in collaboration with our Ethics and Governance teams to
ensure our AI/ML applications are developed ethically and provide
broad benefits to our patients and business
- Help talented, driven, enthusiastic AI/ML engineers and data
scientists across the company grow professionally
- Measure, document, and communicate impacts of the Center's
efforts We are looking to hire in early- and mid-career levels.
There are multiple openings across our candidate profiles. Further
assessments will be completed to determine specific function and
level of hired candidates.
To set you up for success at the Shinrai Center, we look for the
following skills and experience:
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- A track record of partnering cross-functionally with a wide
range of stakeholders and cross-functional teams to develop and
deploy novel data solutions in production environments
- Demonstrated passion for making complex technology more
accessible and the ability to communicate complex technical topics
simply and convincingly to a wide range of audiences
- Demonstrated ability in translating big picture business and
product ideas into micro use cases and has a strong focus on
solving core problems to deliver simple solutions
- Experience recognizing and communicating the implications of
- Excellent communication, prioritization, and interpersonal
skills, with a high level of attention to detail
- An advanced degree (M.S., PhD.) in mathematics, applied
statistics, computer science, machine learning or similar. With 8+
years of experience architecting, building, launching, and
maintaining end-to-end ML systems from whiteboard to production at
scale across a range of models and platforms. More specifically,
- Demonstrated ability and authoritative knowledge in a variety
of AI/ML problems and domains, with depth in at least two (computer
vision, natural language processing, geometric deep learning,
timeseries, reinforcement learning, multimodal learning, etc.)
- Solid understanding of deep learning model architectures
(C/RNN, attention/memory, autoregressive, etc.) and extensions
(Transformer, LSTM, ResNet, etc.) as well as traditional ML models
(k-means, KNN, decision trees, SVM, Bayesian/graphical models,
Gaussian process, etc.) and their real-world advantages and
- Experience tuning, validating, optimizing, visualizing, and
debugging these models in applied settings
- Familiarity with ML Ops concepts related to testing,
retraining, and monitoring models in production
- Experience in configuring and working in different coding
environments (local, notebooks, containers) and using standard
software engineering workflows (testing, code management/Git,
- An enthusiasm to ask questions and try and learn new things is
- Entrepreneurial experience is desirable.
- Experience in life sciences and healthcare and experience in a
complex global organization is a plus Base Salary Range: $156,800
to $224,000 , based on candidate professional experience level.
Employees may also be eligible for Short Term and Long-Term
Incentive benefits as well. Employees are eligible to participate
in Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), Charitable
Contribution Match, Holidays, Personal Days & Vacation, Tuition
Reimbursement Program and Paid Volunteer Time Off.
- In accordance with the CO Equal Pay Act, Colorado Applicants
Are Not Permitted to Apply.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce
and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression,
parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship
status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status,
status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other
protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and
local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Takeda Pharmaceutical, Ellicott City , Director of AI/ML, Executive , Lineboro, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!