Company: Kennie's Market's Inc
Posted on: August 6, 2022
The Meat Manager is responsible for performing duties as
directed by Store Management and Administrative Management for the
successful operation of the Meat Department. In addition, this
position assumes department operational responsibility in the
absence of the manager. The Assistant Meat Manager is responsible
for ensuring all Kennie s customers are provided with top quality
products and superior customer service. Requirements:
- EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma or General Education
Degree(GED) and two(2) to four(4) years related experience and/or
- LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such
as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions for
equipment, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports
and correspondence. The ability to speak effectively to our
customers and employees.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures and amounts
such as discounts, interest and percentages.
- REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal
with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only
limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of
instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Achieve goals set for the department in both sales and gross
- Maintain and control supply and payroll expenses, inventory and
- Consistently apply accurate accounting procedures: invoices,
transfers, inventories, etc.
- Responsible for ordering sufficient quantities of product and
correctly pricing inventory.
- Responsible for the quality and freshness of product with
- Directs the stocking, display and rotation of the Meat products
in the selling area, making sure that seasonal items, sale items
and demand items are properly displayed and with visual appeal in
- Work with the Store Manager and Meat Specialist with
merchandising, planning and scheduling, sales trends, potential
problems and potential improvements.
- Maintain a sanitary department on the sales floor,
cases/coolers and back room area.
- Responsible for ensuring all Meat Department employees follow
policies and procedures as outlined by the company.
- Responsible for proper and preventative maintenance of all
company equipment in his/her department.
- Responsible for obeying all safety standards as outlined by the
- Cooperate with other departments when inter-department or store
wide sales promotions take place.
- Perform other appropriate duties as directed by the Assistant
Store Manager or Store Manager Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Directly supervises 4-8 employees in the Meat Department.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organizations policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring and training
employees planning, assigning and directing work; appraising
performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing
complaints and resolving problems. JB.0.00.LN
Keywords: Kennie's Market's Inc, Ellicott City , Meat Manager, Executive , Biglerville, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!