Senior Project Manager (Concrete)
Company: Canyon Contracting, Inc
Location: Mount Airy
Posted on: June 19, 2022
Senior Concrete Project ManagerCanyon Contracting, Inc. is the
leader in CIP Concrete Construction in the DC-Baltimore region,
specializing in structural concrete work on schools, hospitals,
parking garages, and more. We are a growing company looking to add
vital personnel as we continue our pattern of growth in the coming
years.The Senior Project Manager (SPM) is responsible for the
overall management of multiple projects (plans, budgets, schedules,
organizes, and controls assigned projects). The SPM will work on
larger or more complex projects. In addition, this position
provides oversite to the Project Managers. SPMs do not duplicate
the work of Project Managers but provide a higher level and wider
scope of management to projects as well as to the organization.
This role has the authority to run projects on a day-to-day basis
and delegate tasks to individual Project Managers.Applicants for
this role should have 10+ years of experience in Construction
Management, with 5 of those years in concrete construction, and be
prepared to manage several large projects at a time throughout the
DC, Maryland, and Virginia region.If you are selected for this
position, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and
successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test and
qualifications provided during the selection process.Benefit
Package: Medical, Dental and Vision, PTO, Voluntary LTD/STD,
Life/AD&D. 401K, and other benefits.Essential Job
- Implements and manages components of the operation and
administration of complex and/or multiple projects.
- Act as Change Champion, driving vision in the department, and
strengthening communication strategies to build a more effective
- Responsible for financial analysis, forecasting, Project
tracking, postmortem evaluations, and cost management to ensure
profit margins are maintained on current and future projects.
- Identifies, understands and actively manages project
- Attend all required project meetings, both internal and
external, and as the SME for the concrete industry uses knowledge
to answer all questions, clarify deliverables and provide contract
guidance when required.
- While managing various projects must support, lead, coach and
develop Project Managers and Assistant Project Managers.
- Assist with the interviewing and hiring of Project Managers and
Assistant Project Managers.
- Utilizes awareness, experience and knowledge to identify
problems and recommends solutions for review and implementation by
- Review, understand, communicate, and adhere to all aspects
regarding contract requirements.
- Work with Superintendents and Foremen to plan, organize and
direct activities for all projects.
- Develop, track and manage RFI's for all projects.
- Responsible to procure, monitor, resolve and close submittals
for all projects.
- Must develop, maintain and evaluate all project production
- Monitor and control project through administrative direction of
on-site Foremen/Superintendent to ensure project is completed on
schedule and within budget
- Proactively develop relationships with the subcontractor
- Assist, when needed, the Project Managers, Foreman, and
Superintendents in resolving scope problems with
- Ensure that every project is managed to maximize customer
- Ensure project quality control plan is in effect and
- Price, follow up, review and close change orders as necessary
to provide a quality project while producing revenue for the
- Effectively defend and negotiate change orders and maintain
relationships while producing revenue for the company.
- Ensure punch list is completed to the customer's
- Using structural knowledge and experience, support Project
Managers with all structural concrete projects.
- Ensure job processes are followed in accordance with
- Ensure Project Managers, Foreman, Superintendents and Field
staff are following project safety plan.EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
(Include necessary licenses and specialized training.).10+ years'
experience in project management5+ years' experience managing
Concrete construction projects.Prior experience managing 5-10
complex and high-level projects required.Prior experience managing
and developing 5-10 subordinates.Recognized ability to manage
budgets, maximize profitability and generate future work through
building relationships.Excellent verbal and written communication
skills.Proven ability to negotiate contracts and change
orders.Demonstrated ability to make timely and complex
decisions.Proficiency in MS Office (Intermediate).Must have proven
experience displaying thorough knowledge of project processes and
how each supports the successful completion of a project.Prior
experience building relationships and collaborating within a team,
internally and external.Job Type: Full-timePay: $100,000.00 -
$130,000.00 per yearBenefits:401(k)401(k) matchingDental
insuranceHealth insuranceHealth savings accountPaid time
offProfessional development assistanceVision
insuranceSchedule:Monday to FridaySupplemental Pay:Bonus pay
Keywords: Canyon Contracting, Inc, Ellicott City , Senior Project Manager (Concrete), Executive , Mount Airy, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!