Company: J.A. Myers Homes
Posted on: January 15, 2022
CAD Technician will report directly to the Project Manager of
their group. A CAD Technician position requires a two year
associate degree in Architectural Technology or an equivalent
degree and/or experience.
- Maintains existing plans by completing revisions requested by
the client, documenting all changes and requests for changes to the
plans, highlighting items that are completed to verify work is
- Develops new preliminary "block out" drawings in CAD using
client's sketches or other conceptual items. Must be able to use a
logical methodology for creating the drawings. Must be able to
identify issues with the plan designs or construction
- Completes construction documents in CAD from various existing
points. Has the ability to pick up a project from any point,
determine the steps required to complete the project and finish the
project within the given time frame.
- Locates and interprets building codes using the latest building
- Displays a basic working knowledge of AutoCad and be able to
show continued improvement in CAD skills.
- Verifies all work after completion of a project or phase by
reviewing all components of the plans including the electronic
files for correct layering, file and xref paths, styles, and items
that need purging. All plans must be reviewed by the CAD technician
prior to having someone else review the plan. All project issues
must be brought to the attention of the PM before their final
review. Record any unresolved issues on a log to remain with the
project for client review.
- Responsible for meeting all deadlines given by the project
manager. It is the responsibility of the CAD Technician to
challenge a project deadline at the beginning of the project if the
CAD Tech believes the project timeline is not sufficient to
complete the work.
- Maintains an accurate daily time log and inputs the time for
each job on our system before leaving each day. A brief description
for the activities completed is to be included for each
- Demonstrates problem solving skills.
- Must be able to manage their own time and complete projects on
- Communicates with clients as required by the PM.
- Interacts with other JA Myers Homes associates with a "Team"
approach, willing to share information and commit to CAD
Keywords: J.A. Myers Homes, Ellicott City , CAD, Design, Graphic Design & CAD , Hanover, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!